It is mandatory in the Hillsborough County School System that parents report their child’s absence. You can call the school’s voice mail 24 hours a day at 872-5325 Ext. 1 to report your child’s absence by 9:00 a.m. on the same day your child will not be in school. Please leave the following information on the recording:
- Your child’s name (please spell-out the last name)
- The name of your child’s teacher.
- Your name and telephone number.
- The date or dates your child will be absent.
- If you do not report your child’s absence you will be called either at your home or at your work to verify your child’s absence and to remind you of the school’s procedure for reporting absences. Additional documentation may be required to verify the absence.
- When a student accumulates five absences from the designated attendance period during a nine-week grading period, a computer generated letter will be sent to the parent(s).
- When a student accumulates ten unexcused absences (not including suspensions) within a 90-calendar day period a computer generated letter will be sent to the parent or guardian.
- A student who is absent six or more days in a nine week grading period may be required to present medical evidence or have the parent visit the school to verify absences.
- Grady Elementary has developed incentives for students and teachers to reward and improve school attendance.